Thursday, April 9, 2015

Book Review: Mattimeo [Redwall Series, Book 3]

Mattimeo is the third book in the Redwall series. I've loved the Redwall series since I was in middle school, but this is one of the few that I had not had the opportunity to read until now. Although I like rereading the series, it was a refreshing change to read one of the Redwall books without knowing how it would end, what characters would eventually die, what challenges they would face or the sacrifices made.

I liked all the characters in this book, but I am particularly fond of Queen Warbeak (the Sparra language always entertained me), and Matthias. I thought it was cool that Matthias was the current Redwall Warrior, but that his son was kidnapped, which in turn spawned the adventure that occurred. The co-existence of the current warrior and the future warrior was an interesting aspect, and made me question at times if one would die before the end. Jacques also did well in his integration of previous books, as the villain was the child of one of the villains in a previous book and therefore had a greater agenda than just being evil.

Overall, I thought this was an excellent addition to the Redwall series, which I would certainly recommend. I bought this book, and therefore was not asked nor required to write a review. These opinions are my own; I was not required to write a positive review, nor was I compensated for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment