Friday, February 23, 2018

A Love So True (Teaville Moral Society, #2)

A Love So True was good, but not particularly my favorite. I had previously read the first book in the series, and I think I preferred the first book to the second. Not that the second was by any means bad, I just personally didn't find it quite as interesting.

This book continues the series in Teaville, where Evelyn Wisely seeks to help both orphans and their mothers, many of whom are stuck in a life of prostitution. Her efforts leads here to cross paths with David Kingsman, who has his own problems with his father's business. I did like that it wasn't just about the orphans, but also about the mothers. What did drive me a lil crazy was Evelyn's secret reason for resisting David's attempted relationship with her. Personally, I thought she should have just told him instead of holding back all the way to the end of the book. But that's just me.

Overall, it was a good story, just not my favorite in the series. I received this book from the publisher for free; I was not required to write a review, nor a positive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment