Monday, October 31, 2011

The Unpublished Series

         I'm really excited about this series of blog posts that, with the approval and support of several wonderful members of inkpop, I've decided to do. But first, what it's all about:

What it is: I do a lot of blog book reviews, so I thought it might be fun to do the same, only for unpublished projects, such as those from the very talent writers on inkpop.

What the Inkie/writer gets out of it:
         1) Comment/critique on their project here on inkpop, highlighting on grammatical errors, character development, consistencies and inconsistencies, etc.
         2) Possibility of a pick.
         3) Epic blog review :P
         4) Possibility of getting more readers via said review.


The Upsides:
         1) Everything listed above.


The Downsides:
         1) There aren't any :P


The Point:
         1) Give me a fun way to get involved in inkpop again...which I've been meaning to do...and I happen to like blogging so...
         2) Give the opportunity of more readers to inkies.
         3) Write helpful comments, and in the process learn to write even better ones.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
         The plan is for one (1) unpublished blog review to be posted each week, with exceptions extended around holidays when I might be able to do more, or around weeks when life takes over and eats all my time up and I don't have the time to.

         Only books and short stories will be reviewed, since I don't feel equipped enough to review poems, which I know little to nothing about in the way of critiquing. Sorry, poets.

         I'm a bit picky about what I read (in the way of curse words used, sexual content, etc.), so I make no promises to any particular inkie, writer, or project until I have had the change to personally look into it. I reserve the right to review whatever project I feel deserves it (with the author's permission, of course.) However, I'm open to suggestions and I'd love your input.

         The Unpublished reviews may or may not be posted on a regular day or scheduled time -- it will all depend on the time frame I have to work with over the course of the week, which tends to fluctuate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Questions? Comments? Complaints? Suggestions? Post below, or send it via the form on the "contact me" page.

No comments:

Post a Comment