Thursday, July 16, 2015

Book Review: Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2)

Catching Fire was a great addition to the Hunger Games series. The book begins with Katniss and Peeta going through the victory tour, only to fail to accomplish anything that could possibly continue to keep themselves and their loved ones safe. The top it off, the two receive news which rocks both their worlds far more than either could ever imagine.

I really like the point of view the book takes--going right into Katniss' head and telling the story as she sees it. It's so easy to get into the story when you feel like you're right there living with her. I liked that this way of relating the story allowed the reader to gather pieces of the puzzle and put some together, but still end up just as confused as Katniss, or whatever other emotion she was experiencing at any given scene.

While the violence continues in the book, I do believe Collins does a remarkable job in relating what can happen when people become callous to violence. I would recommend the book and the series to young adults and adults. I bought this book, and therefore was not asked nor required to write a review. These opinions are my own; I was not required to write a positive review, nor was I compensated for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment