Sunday, May 31, 2015

Book Review: Turning Points

Turning Points was a book that I had to read for a college class on Baptist history and Christianity; although only about 75% of the book was assigned for the class, I ended up reading the remaining chapters as well for my own benefit (although I personally got more out of the first 75%, but that's probably because I absolutely had to remember in case of a quiz the following day).

The book covers thirteen important turning points in the history of Christianity, although the author makes note that these thirteen are certainly not the only crucial turning points. Each chapter is informative and gives general information about the event before plunging in and explaining why it was important, and what impact it had in Christianity. I learned a lot from the book, particularly about events that I had a general knowledge of--such as the coronation of Charlemagne--but had never dove into deeply in order to understand why the event played out the way it did nor how it affected other events.

I would recommend this book to someone studying the history of Christianity, or someone looking for a deeper knowledge of important events which Noll covers. I bought this book, and therefore was not asked nor required to write a review. These opinions are my own; I was not required to write a positive review, nor was I compensated for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment